Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Garrison – Self Title


The Garrison completely combines 2 genre of music. Don’t call them punk band, don’t call them reggae band. Call them reggae punk band. This debut D.I.Y release is a live recording release but still sound good. This band took The Clash as their major influence, talked about society, peace and politics in their lyrics. It contains five tracks and one hidden track after the “Acheh, Now” track that I can assume it is my favorite track in this CD. The hidden song sounds like it were recorded while live performing maybe at bar or pub. But at the background of this track, you can hear someone is talking and laughing and that interrupt the mood of this song. I think that I will ask those people to shut the fuck up if I were there. Luckily, I wasn’t. It is enjoyable debut release by the Garrison.
(rip)

No comments: